A dental crown is a custom-made cover for your teeth in order to strengthen it after a root canal treatment or a heavily restored tooth.
Dental crowns, or caps as they are sometimes referred to, are a common dental treatment for damaged teeth. They are generally longer lasting as compared to your regular fillings after an extensive root canal job.
The finished result can be a very natural-looking tooth or teeth that improve both appearance and function.
By booking a full dental checkup with us we can assess your suitability for crowns and check the health of your teeth and gums.
There are a number of reasons why crowns may be used:
- To support teeth that have large fillings and very little natural tooth left
- To restore the appearance and function of badly broken or decayed teeth
- To protect teeth which are cracked or fractured
- To strengthen and protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To improve the appearance of teeth with severe dental problems (and where veneers are not suitable)